Good taste meets great health. Milk is packed full of nine essential nutrients that your body needs: calcium, vitamins A, D and B12, protein, potassium, riboflavin, niacin and phosphorus. So what’ll it be – a chalky multivitamin or a smooth, delicious glass of milk?
Milk’s nine essential nutrients contribute to good health throughout the body:
- Calcium builds strong bones and is especially important for women who may be prone to osteoporosis.
- Vitamin A works to ensure healthy vision, skin and immune system function.
- Vitamin D aids in the absorption of calcium and helps boost the immune system.
- Vitamin B12 helps give the body energy, and promotes normal brain and nervous system activity.
- Protein is essential for healthy muscles, skin, hair and virtually everything in your body!
- Potassium keeps blood pressure regulated and body fluids balanced.
- Riboflavin helps the body process other nutrients to gain energy.
- Niacin helps maintain good cholesterol levels and rids the body of toxins.
- Phosphorus works in tandem with calcium and vitamin D to build strong bones.
When it comes to staying in shape, milk is a clear winner. Studies suggest that drinking milk can help maintain a healthy weight. The protein in milk also helps build muscle. Add exercise and a balanced diet, and you’re on your way to great physical fitness.
Reach for a glass of chocolate milk! Studies have shown that the balance of protein and carbohydrates in chocolate milk may make it even better than sports drinks at helping athletes recover after exercise. Immediately after exercise, the body starts using protein to build and repair muscle. Flavored milk, such as Galliker’s chocolate milk, is a natural source of high quality protein. It has essential nutrients not typically found in other sports drinks, including calcium and Vitamin D, which can help prevent stress fractures and broken bones. This makes flavored milk a great post-exercise beverage for active students and adults.